Monday, August 4, 2008

Bob Vila on Line 3

Kristen and I bought our condo just over two years ago. For the most part, it was move-in ready, although we did do some painting and wallpapering. For the first 18 months or so, all the work we'd dome was mostly minor -- barely cosmetic.

However, since things started ramping up for Barnabas, we've been going nuts. We painted two rooms. Reorganized offices, guest rooms, and storage lockers. Yard saled. Constructed countless pieces of furniture. Framed and hung pictures. Bought rugs. And even had time to play with the cats. Sleep, on the other hand...

And, except for one or two things, the place really looks great (if I don't say so myself). There are still some things that have to get done that I cannot do (that ceiling fan in the dining/family room has to get hung by a professional and we have to get rid of that radiator in the guest room which I'll need help with), but I think overall we're ready.

Preparation is not easy.

It's a good thing that after the baby comes, everything will be a piece of cake.

Right, honey?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does this mean you decided to keep the bright green in the nursery?

Raphe said...

Not only that, but we're painting the rest of the condo green as well!

Anonymous said...

Cake...? [where, where?] cake you say... [tell me that again after you've done the 10 billionth diaper] :)))