Monday, July 7, 2008

That's Really Green

I love the idea of painting. I like clean walls and new colors. Heck, I even don't mind the smell that much (if I'm in a well-ventilated room, of course).

Actually painting a room, however, is a real pain. There's the taping. And the taping. And did I mention the taping?

This past weekend I cleaned out Barnabas' room, Swiffed, washed some walls, taped, covered floors, and went to town. I have to admit, this was the best painting job I've done since we moved in a couple of years ago (the fact that we painted this room before we moved in meant it was a little easier since there weren't any crazy holes or cracks or stains to cover up). Kristen rewarded me with some ice cream. She's great like that.

The problem, however, is that the color is really not what either Kristen or I was expecting. I mean, we KNEW that it was a lime-ish green by the little swatch thingy you get at the hardware store. But once it got on the walls, it was more of a WOW, THAT'S SOMETHING! as opposed to a wow, that's something. You know?

We have to determine if we're going to stay with it soon, though. It's a fun, exciting, and bright green, but we're not sure if it's the right green for the room or the situation. The crib is here, and I'd like to put it together and set the room up, but I won't do it if I have to repaint (which I'm more than willing to do, especially if it means Kristen lets me eat more ice cream).

Because not only do I like the idea of ice cream, I also like the act of eating it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any chance you have a photo to share of this WOW lime green?

Raphe said...

Kristen is in charge of photographs.

As you can see from the lack of anything on the blog, she has be slacking in her duties.

Anonymous said...

Isn't that supposed to be "swiffered"?