Monday, May 19, 2008

Paint, Paint, Paint Your Room, Gently With a Brush!

To the four people who read this blog, I'm sorry for not updating it recently. I've begun a few posts, but then don't finish because of work getting to be, well, work, and home life getting to be crazed.

On Sunday, I taped (my least favorite part of the painting process). Tonight, I spackled the office. Tomorrow I will prime, and Wednesday I will paint. That room will now become the office/guest room combo, and when everything is done in there and things are moved back in (or, like the guest bed, moved in for the first time), I'll start in on what will be Barnabas' room.

We never painted the office before moving in -- a decision I've been quietly cursing the past few days -- so that desperately has to get done, and the old guest/new Barnabas room has to be painted because, while we did put a nice coat on it two years ago, it's a very peaceful lavender.

AND NO SON OF MINE IS GOING TO SLEEP IN A LAVENDER ROOM.

(It's actually going to be very light turquoise, which, in a manly sense, doesn't seem much better.)

Another apology has to go out to family and friends who have sent us baby gifts who we haven't gotten around to thanking (or not thanking as quickly as we'd like). We certainly do appreciate everything you send us -- I have no shame and will gladly accept any and all handouts -- and I promise that we very much appreciate the stuff and will get a lovely card out to you shortly.

I'll try and finish up some of those old posts soon, too.

No comments: